Banned the following things:
- casual fridays
- open toed shoes (believe me I get these above are small issues)
- word searches and puzzles for students
- scissors in the classroom
- crayons in the classroom
And what if that same principal
- took away your entire budget
- except the art teacher, who got $100 for the entire year for 800 students
- told the secretary she had to stand at her desk all day, even when doing paperwork or typing
- had to approve every copy you were making, which is limited to only 200 sheets of paper for the month
This is a true story. My mom retired a few years back from teaching, and the school she taught at for 20+ years (and where I went to elementary school) just got a new principal.
My mother is in very close contact with the teachers there. One teacher said “going to school feels like a funeral. No one is smiling, there is no laughter. Teachers are crying in the bathroom.”
I am broken hearted for that school.